Dear Future Self

Dear future self,

I walked in your shadows to see how far you’ve come
I climb a ladder to watch above and beyond you 
I was always left in the dark so that you could shine in the light 
Even if it rained you always had shelter
No matter the case, I’m still sitting here
I can not change...but you can 
I’ve seen you turn left when I thought we were turning right 
I’ve seen doors open that were never open before
I’ve seen you fall, but had a hand to catch you.. 
Pick you up before you’d never get up 

You tuck me in the back of your mind but I’ll always be with you 
It’s one thing to please another but it’s another to please yourself

Sincerely, 
Your past 


-ShaleyNicole 

Comments

  1. I love this. This truly speaks about deception. I love your diction.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Ways To Make Money

Life