How To Stick To Your Goals

Related image
How To Stick To Your Goals

Everyone, well practically majority of people, have a new set of goals that they want to accomplish or goals that they have yet to accomplish. Now personally, each year, I write out my goals that I would like to accomplish within that particular year. At the end of that year, I check off the goals I have accomplished and move the goals that I have yet to accomplish into the next year. So, how can you do it?

Image result for write gif

1. Physically write out your goals
How can you accomplish something that you can't even remember you wanted to accomplish. No matter how big or small, you should write your goals out.

2. Be realistic, but not simplistic
For example... Say you want to do some traveling, but your finances go to so many other aspects of your life. Instead of trying to book five trips out the country (that you'll never end up doing because of your financial situation) book one place out the country and maybe another within your country.
Image result for cover ears cartoon gif


3. DON'T LISTEN TO OTHER PEOPLE
It feels good of course to tell people all the things that you want to get accomplished. Although, sometimes people decided to put their two sense where it doesn't belong and may discourage you from accomplishing a certain goal.
Image result for american dad gif


4. Do not compare yourself to other people
Your goals suit you best and some body else's goals suit them best. Just because somebody has accomplished what you are planning on accomplishing does not mean that you're behind. We are all mentally running on our own clocks. Your timing will differ from others.

5. Hold yourself accountable
I mean, nobody else is going to accomplish your goals for you besides YOU. So you must hold yourself to that responsibility to get them done.

Related image

6. It's okay to not accomplish all your goals in one year
I set about 8-10 goals (big and small) that I want to accomplish within a particular year. I never get them all done, but I feel accomplished when I get to scratch majority of them off my list. You can make your goals as simple as "going to the beach at least once over the summer" or as big as "buying your first house/apartment". No matter the goals, the one thing that matter most is not to let yourself down and the effort you made to accomplish majority of the goals that you set out for yourself.

Your time limit is whatever you set it out to be. Personally, my time limit for each goal is by the end of the year. That way, I won't feel rushed or discouraged. Life happens but it is up to you to overcome that and MAKE things happen for YOURSELF.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ways To Make Money

Life